_

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Wedding wear: An outfit i designed

I have been up to a lot of things in the past few weeks. Using my creative energy in to making and creating things that i like and want to do.

I designed this lehenga for myself for diwali but didn't wear it then. Instead i wore it for my friend's wedding in Lucknow (whose wedding card I designed and will share soon).

I picked up all the fabric and the gold lace from Narsing in Ameerpet... if you haven't gone there already then please do... the variety and choice you will find there is quite astounding and the prices are very decent.

The tailoring was done by Akruti Tailors in Somajiguda. The lady Neelima, who runs it is extremely professional and extremely good... i was very happy with the results and would highly recommend her to anyone wanting to get anything tailored in Hyderabad. She also delivered my outfit on time... which, in Hyderabad, never happens.

Total cost of the fabric and lace plus tailoring worked out to around Rs. 5800, the major chunk of which went towards the tailoring!!

I felt like a princess wearing this... will all the flare that the 12 kalis gave the lehenga. What do you think?

(That's my darling friend Somak of the pinkie monsters fame and picture was taken by Anand in the hotel lobby where all our wedding glam got shot before every event!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...